25 March 2015

A Tag to Swap

Just a quick post here ~ I've been making tags to swap, facilitated by Dawn Lewis, the wonderful and talented lady behind Scrap-it TV amongst other things.
I've never really made a tag before and so I futzed about with it for a couple of weeks, experimenting with Distress Inks, stamps, die-cuts - nothing seemed right.  Truthfully, I'm still not sure I've made my tags well enough or interesting enough, but I have applied some techniques and products I've just acquired, and I'm pretty happy with how they look!

After cutting out my tags on watercolour paper, I stencilled some Light Molding Paste through my peacock feather stencil.  Once it was dry, I painted over the raised texture with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Solar Gold.  I then used some Twinkling H2Os to paint in and around the gold textured area (the Silks 'resist' the H2Os).  I added a Liquorice Sprinkle to the middle of each feather head, threaded some blue ribbon through the top, and there you have it...  All of this, times six, and my tags are ready to be packed and posted (a bit late, but hopefully they will arrive with Dawn on time).

Deb.xx

1 comment:

  1. So dang shimmery and shiny, love how you have focused on the bright colours too, they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!