25 March 2015

Scrapbook Boutique ~ March Challenge

Loving Pink Ted


Wow, I'm loving creating layouts again at the moment!!  I've just prepared another one, this time to enter into the Scrapbook Boutique ~ March Challenge!  I positively adore this blog page and online shop, and I get so much inspiration from the Design Team.  Here is a look at the March inspiration photo:
I love all those really sweet pastel colours!  I was initially going to scrap a page of a particular photo of my daughter wearing a hat, but do you think I can find the file anywhere??!?  Of course not!!  So, I had to scratch that idea and think deeper... 

Then I remembered some very sweet photos of her with her favourite teddy, Pink Ted.  I modified the photos so that only Pink Ted was in colour, and the rest was black and white.  Here is the page I came up with:
I started with freehand drawing a heart in the middle of my pink patterned paper (from the Creative Memories Gazebo collection).  I then pierced holes along the line of the heart and backstitched with purple DMC thread.  I then got my sewing machine out for this one to sew the blue, green and yellow ribbons, as well as zigzag-stitching the patterened paper onto some pink Bazzill cardstock to give it strength.

I printed out three of the photos at 2"x3" and configured them to fit inside the heart shape.  I covered a strip of the pink patterned paper with washi tape, and then diecut out the "Pink Ted" part of the title using my wonderful My Creative Time lowercase (and uppercase) fun dies!  I then added the word "Loving" with my Copic Multiliners.  A scattering of buttons and a little bit of journalling, and we're done with another layout!

Deb.xx

4 comments:

  1. You must be a whizz with technology, what a fabulous idea to have only colour on the teddy! So glad you could share this with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've drawn the eye to pink Ted Deb - that's cool. Funny how we shift from cards to layouts at times isn't it. I'm in a real card loving phase at the moment after spending the last couple of years being more into scrapbooking. As long as I'm playing with paper I'm happy no matter what and I'm guessing you're the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very creative layout Deb - with hand-sewing, machine stitching and creative software manipulation too! The end result is a beautiful layout - so thank you for sharing with us at SBB this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your stitching and photos. Thanks for joining in with SBB this month.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!