08 April 2015

Back to making cards...

After a flurry of layouts recently, I decided I should get some cardmaking done.  I really wanted to play with my Hero Arts inks and to make a bright, fun birthday card that would suit girls.  I also wanted to make a collection of the same card to send off to Australian Combat Cards ~ a wonderful initiative where handmade cards are donated to be sent to serving troops overseas for them to send back to their families.  Here is the card I came up with:
It is a clean and simple card, using white cardstock (almost exclusively - just a little bit of brown for the cupcake base).  All of the other colours on the card are either sponged or stamped with Hero Arts Inks (or Copics in the case of the tops of each of the cupcakes).  I used the Avery Elle 'Cupcakes' stamp set, as well as the Annabelle Stamps 'Shape it Up' stamp set for the sentiment.

My favourite thing about this card is the patterned paper panel, which is randomly stamped with a sprinkles stamp using the four colours of Hero Arts inks - so cute!  I finished off the card with some Annabelle Stamps sprinkles in assorted colours and sizes.

I have made five of these cards to send off to Australian Combat Cards.  Next I plan to make some Father's Day cards, as they are needed soon to ship out in time.

Thanks for visiting!

Deb.xx

1 comment:

  1. It's been so nice to catch up on your posts, you really have been busy! Love these bright layers in your cupcake, I'm sure this is the one that I would eat!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!