Then, sitting at the kitchen table on Saturday morning, it hit me - use one of the awesome Mason Jars my bestie Sandra had gotten me for my birthday last year! Righto, I was on a mission!
I cut the A4 piece of kraft-covered canvas down to size and then cut out random shapes to doodle within. I then stained a piece of vellum using a mixture of Isocol and Dylusions sprays (in Polished Jade and Postbox Red). The vellum was then mod-podged onto the surface of the Mason Jar (with the 'stain side' facing the jar).
I soaked the back of the canvas paper with water to make it more malleable, and then mod-podged it onto the Mason Jar, over the stained areas of the vellum so they would show through the cut-outs. I used additional pieces of the kraft paper (ripped into tiny pieces) to cover all of the joins and around the rim and across the base of the jar to completely enclose the light source.
Once it was all dry, I then doodled using a black pigment pen across the stained 'windows' of the jar, and used a white gel pen to doodle on the kraft background around the 'windows'.
I have put a tealight candle into the jar and lit it up - it is so awesome in real life!! I'm not sure the photos do it justice, but it definitely something I will be making again!